miércoles, 3 de febrero de 2010

News from Mariana, in Kenya

Hi everyone...this is my 8th day in Kenya and I cannot yet describe all the feelings I've been through. The clime, the environment, the beautiful colours, everything is different and I'm still digesting it.
The first days were the most difficult. I jumped directly from Porto to Kibera, a complex area from Nairobi, and my daily life immediately started to change. getting used to the food, the language (a part from English the main language is Kiswahili) the habits of the family who received me, were the first big challanges.
Now I'm living with Wangui Mbatia, my coordinator from Kengo. I've been getting more inside the projects of the organisation and trying to adjust myself as better as I can.
Hope to hear from you soon,

Mariana

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario